Clipping masks and Retouching

This is an edited photo of a watermelon using clipping masks and adjustment layers. I used curves on the background and the watermelon separately. For the background I increased the contrast and lowered the brightness using curves adjustment layer. For the watermelon, I created two clipping masks on two adjustment layers. One of these layers were curves which I used to increase contrast and brightness and the other I used to increase saturation to make the watermelon stand out further.

This is the original watermelon for comparison.

I used 2 clipping masks with adjustment layers to lower the exposure of my father and to hide the original background from his photo exposing the one you see behind him in this edited photo. 



For this I created a few clipping masks and adjustment layers. The blue house has two adjustment layers utilizing clipping masks to increase the brightness a little and to increase the saturation to make the house stand out more. The background minus the sky have all been desaturated to make the blue house and sky stand out more. I decided to leave the sky as is to maintain the contrast between the sky and everything else.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Composition and Harmonic Frameworks

Midterm Portfolio