Midterm Portfolio











This is the final photo of the blue house. While editing it I used
rebatement and symmetry to decide on how I should edit certain elements
of the image. I made the tree on the left taller using a combination of
copy-and-paste and the clone stamp tool to make it blend in a bit better.
I used adjustment layers, raised the brightness and brought out the blue
with the use of curves and levels respectively. I then lowered the
saturation of everything else besides the house so it would pop even more.
I wanted the blue house to be the focal point of the image.




This edit is much more subtle, all I really wanted to do was raise the
brightness of the foreground and fix the color a bit. To achieve this I
used two adjustment layers, both selecting everything besides the bright
background. I used curves on one of these adjustment layers and color
balance on the other.


This is a composition I created which added both my aunt and this laptop into this scene. I made a selection using the magnetic lasso and lasso tool to cleanly copy my aunt onto the scene. Then I resized her and carefully erased away any errors or extra bits I didn’t notice before and erased away part of her, giving her the illusion of sitting in the chair. I used the polygonal lasso tool to copy the laptop onto the scene and resized it. Finally, I used a brush with the burn effect to add shadows so they’d fit better.














This is an edited photo of a watermelon using clipping masks and adjustment layers. I used curves on the background and the watermelon separately. For the background I increased the contrast and lowered the brightness using curves adjustment layer. For the watermelon, I created two clipping masks on two adjustment layers. One of these layers were curves which I used to increase contrast and brightness and the other I used to increase saturation to make the watermelon stand out further.














For this I created a few clipping masks and adjustment layers. The blue house has two adjustment layers utilizing clipping masks to increase the brightness a little and to increase the saturation to make the house stand out more. The background minus the sky have all been desaturated to make the blue house and sky stand out more. I decided to leave the sky as is to maintain the contrast between the sky and everything else.













With this edit I wanted to brighten up my aunts and cousin and add
exposure to the lantern so they would stand out more in the image. I
cropped the photo so it would have a nicer composition, I used a 1/3
grid. I applied a surface blur filter to the sky only because it had a
grainy look to it and I wanted to smoothen it out. I made selections of
my aunts and cousin and used curves as a layer adjustment with these
selections to raise the brightness of them. I selected the lantern with
the lasso and also used an exposure adjustment layer to make it brighter
and more intense so your eyes will be more drawn to it. To make
everything that I wanted to stand out more I used curves to lower the
brightness of the background minus the sky.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Composition and Harmonic Frameworks

Clipping masks and Retouching